Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, August 21, 2017

Happy Solar Eclipse Day!


There will be a total eclipse this afternoon. Here in Toledo we won’t the see the full effect of the total eclipse. The nearest place in the path of totality is between Knoxville and Chattanooga, Tennessee. They’ll be in total darkness briefly this afternoon. We'll be just kind of dark.

A total eclipse is when the moon is close enough to the earth to appear bigger and completely block the sun. In May 1994, it was an annular eclipse that was the last time an eclipse that was visible in Ohio or Michigan, where I was in 1994. For an annular eclipse, the moon is farther. away and appears smaller, so a ring of sun is larger around the moon. Asking my husband about something he knows more about than I do because I'm only interested in when it's a current event, gets you an exasperated sigh like I'm sure I got from my mom in 1973.

When we started talking about the solar eclipse this year I had a memory flash. There was an eclipse on January 4, 1973, just after Christmas break, but the patch where it was visible was in southern South America. But there has been talk about it on the news and my classmates and i were in second grade. I remembered just after lunch, a boy in our class got up and closed all the window blinds so no one would look out at the eclipse and go blind. It seemed like s nice thing to me at 7, to protect the whole class from the eclipse seen in South America.

A good test for checking your eclipse glasses is look at a florescent light with your glasses on. If you can't see the light, The sun won’t blind you. If you’re in an area where you can see the eclipse, experience with care and enjoy!

4 comments:

LV said...

It will make history, but we cannot see it in Texas either.

Edna B said...

Good morning. Well, we could see the sun, but I did not really notice any eclipse, nor did it get dark here. However, we had fun trying to photograph the sun's reflection in a basin of water.

Good to see you posting again. I've missed your smile. It's hard not to miss you because when I look around me outside, everything is green, and green makes me think of you.

I hope all is going well with you. Pretty soon it will be Autumn, and hopefully you'll be able to get outside often to enjoy the gorgeous Fall colors and weather.

Now I'm off to tend to my nebulizer meds. Nani girl, you have an awesome day, hugs, Edna B.

seamhead gypsy said...

Katie and I had glasses. I was working tear down for bremenfest and she was at home. I phoned her to go outside and look using the glasses. Previously she was following on the internet. She did go outside and got a view or three. Later she sent me a picture of the grilled cheese sandwich she was making and left on the stove. What a mess!

Edna B said...

Well, we tried to see the eclipse. I think we saw part of it, but I'm not really sure. The important part was that a few of us were having fun together with this project.

We did get a few interesting photos, using a basin half full of water. The reflections in the water were really quite interesting.

It did not get dark here, although I hear it did get pretty dark in some places.

Well, now I'm off to make a fresh cup of coffee and watch a bit of Law And Order on TV. You have a great day Nani. Hugs, Edna B.